- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 75g canned haricot beans in water, drained
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 10g unsalted butter
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, yolks only, mashed
- Toasted bread, cut into fingers
- Steam or boil the carrot over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes until tender. Purée the carrot with 2tbsp of boiled water in a food processor, or using a hand blender, until smooth.
- Meanwhile, place the beans, tomato purée and butter in a separate small saucepan and cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Add the puréed carrot, egg yolks and 4tbsp of boiled water. Stir, and heat through.
- Mash to a coarse purée, adding a little extra water if necessary. Serve with toast fingers.
Recipe From "The First Foods Book" By Ellas Kitchen