Our velvet face scrubbies are really soft and gentle. We hand make them from 100% organic cotton velvet and include two layers so that they are double-sided. The gorgeous colours also make them a beautiful accent in your bathroom. They are 8cm in diameter.
Cotton does not irritate skin and it is durable and easily washed. Moreover, cotton does not hold on to bad smells.
These face scrubbies are perfect stocking fillers for the festive holiday and a great self-care letterbox gift, especially during lockdown. You may also be interested in our organic cotton velvet scrunchies too.
Organic cotton is grown without the use of hazardous and costly pesticides and instead makes use of natural and less invasive techniques that work holistically, for the long-term benefit of people and the planet. These include pheromone traps, crop rotation, hand picking of bugs and natural repellents. They also do not rely on fossil-fuel based fertilisers but instead work to build healthy soil, e.g. through composting. By doing this, organic cotton emits up to 46% less greenhouse gas than non-organic.
Healthy soils also retain more water, meaning that many farmers can rely on rain water alone, saving precious water supplies for the local communities.
Find out more about organic farming at the Textile Exchange!
Wash our velvet face scrubbies with your normal laundry. You can either hand wash them or machine wash at 40 degrees C (or lower). In the washing machine, it is best to wash them within a small fabric bag so they don’t get lost. Allow to drip dry. Do not bleach.
To waste less water, energy and to make your clothes last longer, wash on cold, wash less often and don’t tumble dry.
Established in 2020 by Suzie Ford, we produce sustainable and ethical products. All of our items are handmade in the UK and designed with zero-waste living in mind.
Our aimOur aim is to increase access to, and choice in, responsible products. This is not to increase overall product consumption, but to change the way that we think about the fashion industry.
Suzie is a self-taught dressmaker with a passion for making responsible choices in fashion more available. After she completed a PhD in Evolutionary Biology at the University of Oxford, Suzie started ford&guy in 2020 with her husband to provide sustainable and ethical handmade products.
Help us to grow as a business and set an ethical example by following us on instagram @fordandguy.
For every item that we make, we ensure that we:
- source sustainable fabrics. This means that we use renewable materials and organic processes. Because of this, our products minimise waste and avoid pollution.
- support high ethical standards for employees in the manufacturing process.
- use dyes and processes that are environmentally friendly and minimise waste.
- re-use all fabric scraps where possible. We sort them into ‘small’ and ‘tiny’ and use the small bits for small pattern pieces such as pockets and small products such as face scrubbies (make-up remover pads) and hair scrunchies. In addition to this, we use the tiny bits to fill cushions or as part of jewellery or art.
- design clothes that are comfortable, soft and let you breathe. Moreover, we strive for timeless designs so that they are easy to wear with other items.”
A great resource on sustainable fashion is the Fashion Revolution. This organisation provides information on what to consider when choosing where and what to buy.