By the Fire soy wax candle
Hand-poured natural soy wax candle - By the Fire.
By the Fire - think of spending a dark and chilly autumn or winter's evening by the fire! Maybe even a wee dram to warm you! This is a complex yet comforting scent - there are smoky notes, spicy and woody scents and some herbal and floral hints. Top notes include herbal scents such as coriander, eucalyptus, birch tar, pine and lavender. Middle notes are smooth floral jasmine and violet with hints of incense. Leading to the smoky and woody base notes of cedar, patchouli, amber, wood smoke and tonka bean.
The Candle Bothy candles are made with 100% natural soy wax and burn using wicks made from cotton and linen.
The Candle Bothy candles come in 3 sizes:
- Large glass with a burn time of around 34 hours
- Medium glass with a burn time of around 24 hours
- Small votive glass with a burn time of around 14 hours
Glass container candles come in a decorative white box - ideal as a present.
All candles are hand-poured in small batches in Dundee/Scotland.
Some tips to get the most out of your candle:
- When lighting a candle for the first time, ensure the wax has melted edge to edge. This avoids the candle burning down around the wick, leaving wax around the edges, which is also called ‘tunnelling’
- Don’t burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time
- Allow the candle to cool for 1 to 2 hours between burns
- Always trim the wick to about 5mm to ensure even burning and to avoid soot and prevent large flames